Wednesday, September 14, 2011

my history with language


                       My name is Aliou Balde I am from guinea, witch is a country filed with a diversity of local language the official language spoken is French. Language is a huge part of me, as I like to talk and listing to other, and to do so I learned as many language as I could. I speak English, French, Fulani, sosso, Mandingo.  I grow up learning Fulani and French because they were the most spoken language in my entourage. Fulani is the language spoken by my tribe witch is foula a community that live in West Africa. I learned to speak to speak sosso and Mandingo not because they were part of my family but only because they were spoken in my entourage. And finally I leard English after I moved here in 2007 at first it was kind hard for me as for the time in my life I was in a position where I could not understand when spoken to. That implanted a sense of curiosity in me that even pushed me to augment my motivation to learn this new language, and most of the time I think this sense of curiosity is the reason people learn faster  because if you curious you always want to know more and knowing more means learning faster. Currently am learning Arabic witch is a very different foreign language compare to English and French witch are both languages originated from the Latin language and they used the same later for writing witch are completely if I would say different from the Arabic alphabetic. And thus much harder to learn given the fact that i am not living in an Arabic country, and thus don’t have the advantage of having an entourage were the language am learning is spoken. Because the effect of entourage on a person whose learning a language is very helpful.  
     French is the first language I learned to write in because French is the official language in my home country guinea, because guinea is an ancient colony of French, witch also means that the French language is the language used in school. And when I moved to the U.S obviously I had to learn how to write in English because that is the official language here, and it was kind easy because it used the same alphabetic as the French language which Is due to their origination from the Latin language. I started learning how to write in Arabic at a very young age as a Muslim true learning the coran.               
            For me knowing how to speak and write a language is a very important and useful prospect in this modern word that we living in to allergies my social connection with other, and it also make it easier for me to fit in any community i come across? And I think the place where you can learn a language in no time is school because the its perfect place to meet and learn from other people with different believe and kowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment